Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Randoms...

1. Little man has another tooth! I didn't even realize he was getting it today until he whacked himself in the face with a toy. The hit involved tears (from both of us), a tiny amount of blood on his tongue and my shirt, and had me all up in his grill...so I discovered the new tooth which was coming through at that moment. I am proud Tate cause he wasn't even fussy enough today for me to know he was getting a tooth. So far this whole teething thing is going much better than I expected but I know that as I type this I am cursing myself :)

2. My good friend from Mexico, Heather, sent Tate a big box of clothes today. It was like having another baby shower, but with bigger clothes!! Heather has twin boys about 3.5 months older than Tate, hence the large amount of clothes.


Maybe I will explain a little about our friendship. Heather and I took spanish classes together in Guadalajara for a mere 8 weeks, but it was 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. We bonded over our similar situations...husbands in med school (hers much further along than mine), Mexico, and our desire to have babies! Little did we know we would have boys close together in age and both of us have "hecho en Mexico" babies!!

3. Now that I have an official high chair for Tate, he eats his solids like 1000 times better. It's like the dude knows he was getting jipped before. He just needed his big boy chair and now he is an apple, green bean, pear, banana, pea...champ!! Now we just need to master the sippy cup, he thinks it is a chew toy. Oh...and now that he has teeth, he thinks his spoon is also a chew toy...between EVERY bite!


4. I know I just posted, but I feel like even since yesterday Tate is making progress in his strength. I am amazed by my tough baby boy.

5. Lastly, today is someone's daddy's birthday. Not mine...my dad's birthday was yesterday! Today is Zachary's birthday and we hate that he is so far away. My handsome 27 year old husband is spending his birthday studying...like always!

Tate and I are so lucky to have him. I think the Lord everyday for letting him be my husband, for the amazing relationship we have, and for how much I know he loves me. I am a lucky girl! Can't wait to be with him again. I have also pre-warned him that after he takes the step (the test that has been hanging over his head for the last 2 years), I will be his little leach for at least 1 full week. He is prepared and excited I think!!

We love you Zachary!!

No comments: