We had a little party for him on Saturday with our good friends here in Guadalajara. It was nice and he played so well with all the kids that were over. I will post about that later!
I wanted to make some notes about him at 12 months before I let it pass me by...
- Tate's bag of tricks is increasing a lot these days! The most recent are high fives and clapping. He gets so proud of himself when he does big kid things and always looks over at us for a smile or a "Yay Tate!"
- He loves to pull up on everything and has for quite a while, but now once he gets to standing, he loves to let go and balance on his own. He is getting really good at it!
- FINALLY...seriously, finally, starting to eat a little better. And by eating better, I mean not screaming through all of his meals. He still prefers his bottles (which I am trying to slowly wean), but his pediatrician told me I could keep him on formula for a while longer due to the preemieness...mostly due to the bad eating.
- He is still our little guy...tall and skinny. He has almost outgrown all the 3-6 month clothes, but still has to wear some 3-6 month shorts due to his skinny little waist. Most of what he is wearing these days is 6 month or 6-9 month. His growth has definitely slowed lately.
- He is a total sweetheart and loves his mommy! He will crawl over to me when he gets tired and lay his head on my leg and let out a cute little sigh. He always smiles when he sees me and it totally melts my heart. That being said, I still firmly believe that his daddy is his favorite person :)
- He has never been much of a tv watcher, but now that the cartoons are in spanish, he seems to like them much better. He will stop what he is doing to watch Backyardigans. Interestingly enough, he is obsessed with one commercial here. It is for the local cable company and is mexican cheerleaders. He will crawl (quickly) from where ever he is to watch it...funny!
- He talks all the time. Sometimes it isn't really talking so much as happily screaming. But he is super super loud. Here in Mexico you open your windows to get a breeze in the house due to no ac, so I am sure the neighbors are quite accustomed to hearing him!
I am sure there is a ton more I could say about him, he is really the funniest kid! I am so lucky to get to see his happy face standing up in his crib every morning. I love that little boy!
Here he is on his birthday...looking just like his daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment