Getting into the married phase of life, you find joy and fun in the simplest things. The security of always having someone to go to dinner with, or someone to drag along on shopping trips is wonderful! On those occasions when shopping trips actually occur...he is always giving good feedback on everything, which is even better! Husbands seem to find the good in every outfit and every pair of shoes, because they know it is just better to compliment than repent! Moms and sisters seem to be the brutally honest ones who are not so good to be shopping with on a "fat day" or something like it! I am grateful for a supportive, entertaining, and patient husband.
He has, throughout our almost year of marriage, been patient with my tennis swing and been more than willing to chase after the balls that I don't seem to hit right. I know this is all because he would like a tennis partner, but it has become one of those fun things we can do together.
A few weeks ago I showed in interest in golf...which just about made his year! Before I knew it we were off to Academy and I was the proud owner of a new pink putter and a not as exciting plain silver chipping wedge. I am proud that I even know the difference between those two clubs!! We also spent much of our weekend watching the Master's so I could watch the pros and learn from them, or something. Zach is even already talking about golf vacations...I am not sure if I am that ready yet! Throw in a full set of cute clubs and this great pink golf bag I found and maybe I will be game for it!
So, with my new putter in hand and a well picked out golf outfit...we headed out to "play" 18 holes. Well he played and I mostly just putted! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed spending the time together doing something different. Now if I can just get my not so strong arms conditioned to drive the ball like he does we will be in business. While Zach is excited to be able to play golf with me...he is probably still looking for someone else to play who can actually give him some competition, since I am no Tiger Woods! If you know of anyone, send them on over...I am just fine putting along...baby steps with me!!!
3 comments:
JAKE HAS ALWAYS WANTED US TO GO GOLFING... YOU JUST INSPIRED ME TO DO IT! THANKS! AND I WAS THINKING HOW CUTE YOUR OUTFIT WAS...
awww how cute! Amber the golf pro. FYI we are coming to College Station this weekend. :)
You're so good, Jake would love if I would go golfing with him! He and Zach need to go together sometime
Post a Comment