Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yum, Yum

1. I could really go for some King Cake right now! I was always the lucky one to get the baby...love that stuff. And don't even get me started on Pan de Muerto. Every year living in Mexico when I saw it out in the stores, I would get giddy...and then eat it almost daily during the whole Pan de Muerto season as I like to call it. I really need to work on my baking skills...I have an irrational fear of baking. I did make a mean batch of banana bread a few weeks ago, should have boosted my confidence.
Maybe it is better for my figure that I don't bake...I know it is better for my husband's figure. Don't tell him I shared this, but for Valentine's I made some cupcakes (box mix, doesn't count as real baking) 12 cupcakes and 2 cute little heart shaped cakes. I had 2 cupcakes and about half a heart shaped cake and it was all gone in 2 days. Oh...and my kid doesn't eat, remember. Just sayin!

2. I seriously am loving Maine though (despite the lack of my favorite baked goods). This whole living on a beach looking out the window at a quaint little old New England town...I could get used to it. We have discovered some new areas up the beach from us that are picture perfect, PERFECT. I need to get some pictures to show off. I am looking forward to our adventures of getting to see so many areas of the US...moving not so much.
I mean...how perfect is this, right in front of our building. The tides here swing like crazy. You can tell that high tide covers this whole picture. So when it is low tide, we like to go wander under the pier. So cool...but the Maine beach wind can be a bit painful!

3. We have a full blown couch hog on our hands. Not just couch, but anything you sit on hog...well he really just does it to me, he sits sweetly next to his daddy. It drives me nuts! Anytime I sit down, Tate climbs up on the couch and MUST get behind me. He then uses his freakishly strong for his small frame legs to try to push me off. If I am sitting on the leather chair, he succeeds and I fall off. So the only time mommy can sit comfortably is when Tate is sleeping.
This is a picture depicting it cutely...generally it is not so cute. But the couch hog is wiggling his way in to ensure mommy is not the slightest bit comfortable!

3. In more Tate related news, the kid loves his daddy. He has starting to acknowledge his daddy by saying "dada". When my phone rings, he says "dada" (I guess he thinks only 1 person calls mommy), when he sees daddy's picture on my phone, when he hears the front door open, and also still just as random babble...his favorite syllable! The important part of this is that it is not just the cute "dada", but more of a deep, monster-like, growl. I have no idea what made him start growling it, seriously! It is cute but kind of creepy in public and in nursery I'm pretty sure he is the weird little boy who growls at the other kids!
He is just making sure I know who his daddy is. I am in the process of trying to capture the growl speak on video, but the kid is quite video camera shy.

4. So you would think, or at least I thought, that living in coastal cold weather would diminish the dry skin factor at least a bit. Not for me! My hands are getting pretty close to the need to be amputated state of dryness. Could be from all of the exposure to water...change diaper, wash hands, clean up mess, wash hands, cook, clean kitchen, wash dishes, give baby a bath, wash face. You get the idea. It is a problem.

5. Speaking of cooking, not to brag...okay, actually to brag...I have been kind of a cooking boss lately. Pinterest has become my best friend, a bit of a time waster, but also really helpful in the kitchen. I have been planning out meals 2 weeks at a time, shopping, and cooking like a dadgum chef! It is great and I am bragging. The husband loves it too...he is a well fed man.

6. I now have enough time between myself and my last haircut to talk about it. I must have a sign on my head that says, "Ignore everything I say and cut lots of choppy, short, mulletish layers into the back of my hair." Freakin hate it! So I have been wearing my hair up a lot more often these days until the layers grow back to a much less awful, fixable state.
One of the few pictures of me and my cute boy...I am always behind the camera. Oh, and me with my hair up.

1 comment:

Rondi said...

Amber, Get your dad to order you a King's Cake from Rao's. It can be delivered to you. I think this is considered an emergency medical need. Love you