Friday, October 07, 2011

We have a walker!


Last Friday was the day, we officially gained a walking baby around here! He has been taking steps between us and the couch and other things close by. Friday night, while skyping with my mom, to show off his semi-skills, he just took off! He started walking all over the downstairs of the house, not towards anything. He figured out a few days before how to stand up without pulling up on anything so I knew it was close.
Clapping for himself. He loves to clap when we say "Yay, Tate"...and he is just a proud walker!

He is a dang cute little walker, but also a very cautious one. He takes his time, not at all trying to win any races yet. And he still crawls when he wants to make good time (the kid can haul it on all fours). His new thing...he enjoys walking with his eyes closed while making a strange, choking like sound (I am trying to catch it on video). I seriously laugh at him all day long! Who knew a 13 month old could be such a comedian!

His first time publicly walking was at the shoe mall...yes...they have a mall here that is just shoe store after shoe store, they tend to get repetitive, but it is a great place nonetheless. And mommy got some great red flats there that Tate is obsessed with! Back to the public free walking...Tate is hooked. He is pretty sure it is the coolest thing ever! He refuses to let us hold his hand and enjoys making lots of noise to make sure the general public knows he is walking.

I know with each day, he will crawl less and less, and refuse more and more to be held in public. As of right now, the transition to walking hasn't been too bad. And...dadgumit, he sure is cute!
The little walker at the shoe mall!

4 comments:

Rondi said...

What an accomplishment!! His independence is coming through now. Look out, here comes Tate!!

Deanna said...

Yay!! How exciting! He looks like a pro already! I have a while before I will have a little walker, but I'm sure it'll come sooner than I think.

Verenice said...

Such a bittersweet milestone. And, I wanna see your flats! I have never been there. Maybe I need to go.

Sale Fails said...

Love the video! Too cute.