Monday, December 15, 2008

Engageversary!

I realize that is not even close to a real word, but it makes sense to me. Today is the 2 year Anniversary of our engagement. I can't believe it has already been two years!! I wanted to post a little something about the fabulous proposal my husband had for me two years ago on December 15, 2006. It was wonderful, romantic, amazing, and memorable...definitely a good story for the kids! (By the way there are no kids on the way or anything!)

So here is the story of our engagement night.......
Zach and I decided to go out to dinner. We drove by Cheddars...it was packed and so was Olive Garden. Not wanting to wait to eat, we ended up going to Fudrucker's...which is exactly what we did on our first date. I took that as a rare coincidence. After a dinner, with a very calm Zach...we got in the car and he said, "I want to take you somewhere, but first you have to wear this." He blindfolded me and my stomach started with the butterflies...we had already been talking marriage, so then I totally knew what was coming!

After a long blindfolded walk, we stopped and he took the blindfold off. We were at the George Bush Presidential Library. We had been there before and spent time talking and enjoying the serenity of the place. There is a beautiful pond and gazebo with arches leading up to it. On the arches leading to the gazebo there were 3 red banners with gold letters that said "I <3 U".

We walked into the candle filled gazebo and sat down. His hands were shaking and he picked up a big metal tool box. There was a lock on it. He explained that the combination was the date of our first kiss. I thought about it and with shaky hands, turned the 3 dials to the date. It opened. Inside was a smaller wooden box, decorated by my future fiance. It also had a lock...this date was the day we first said I love you. I opened this one to find a ring box. Zach said, "I guess I will take over from here." He got out the ring box, got on one knee, and through a few tears expressed his feelings and asked me to marry him. Through my tears I said yes!
Ashley, my sister, and some wonderful friends were out hiding in the woods. They had helped his whole plan and idea work and were also there to take some great pictures! We have since been back to the gazebo and you can still see wax on the stone pillars. It is nice to have a left a mark on our spot!! Happy Anniversary Zachary...I love you and wish you were home with me tonight instead of at the station! See you in the morning!!This is my favorite picture of the whole night because his smile says that he made the right decision in asking me to marry him! I will always have this to remind him of that...even when I might drive him crazy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have missed your blogs!!! love this post! such a cute story and the pictures make it even better :)

James & Kristen said...

So incredibly cute! I miss you!!!!!!

Molly said...

cutest couple ever! that is so sweet. hes a good guy. please message me or call me when u come to Boerne again please!!!! lol

the Forrest Diaries said...

I remember that night too :) miss you guys

Kimberly said...

thanks...i think he's pretty cute too...he's a great baby...you need to come visit...i miss hanging out with you...